What is ISO?
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a global association that develops international standards for quality management systems. These management systems help organizations to meet internal, customer, and regulatory requirements relating to their products. Peninsula Plastics is proud to be an ISO-certified thermoforming company.
How does Peninsula Plastics utilize ISO?
Our processes are monitored and measured for effectiveness through the collection and review of objective data. We implement continuous process-improvement, based on performance indicators, in order to achieve the production of the highest quality products while ultimately, increasing customer satisfaction.
Peninsula Plastics utilizes three ISO based management systems for its various product lines and is certified by the following standards:
- ISO 9001:2008 Certified since 1998
- For non-automotive products and customers
- Peninsula Plastics, a designer and manufacturer of thermoformed returnable Plastic Dunnage and custom shapes maintains a Quality Management System that is certified to ISO 9001:2008.
- Prior to ISO 9001:2008, Peninsula maintained a Quality Management System certified to ISO-9000 since 1998.
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 Certified since 2008
- For automotive parts and OEM / Tier customers
- Peninsula Plastics, a manufacturer of automotive products and Interior trim parts is ISO/TS 16949:2009. We can manufacture and ship parts directly to the OEM’s and/or the Tier Manufacturers. Our Quality Management System is designed to ensure that parts are manufactured and shipped in accordance with customer requirements to ensure their satisfaction.
- ISO 14001:2004 Certified since 2004
- A certified Environmental Management system for all products and customers
- One of Peninsula Plastics core values is to conduct its business in a manner that protects the environment and to that end, Peninsula Plastics has maintained an Environmental Management System that is ISO 14001:2004 certified.
- Located on the banks of the Clinton River ecosystem in Auburn Hills, Michigan, Peninsula Plastics recognizes the importance of protecting the environment by developing and using clean and efficient manufacturing processes to produce the recyclable products that our customers want.
The implementation of these ISO systems is representative of Peninsula Plastics’ commitment to quality and the protection of the environment. In addition, it illustrates our dedication to understanding our customers requirements and our efforts to exceed their expectations. All of our associates at Peninsula Plastics believe in doing the job right the first time, and are committed to providing our customers with the highest quality products at the lowest possible cost.